Monday, January 21, 2013

January 7-11

Okay, so I did another push to lighten my proverbial gypsy wagon.  I did have a panic attack, but managed (with my wonderful husband's help) to push through it and redirect my emotions.  That being said, here goes the next few items on my log:

January 7: Humboldt State Tupperware Container.  This was the straw the broke the camels back this morning when I was working on cleaning out things.  The lid is missing (I'm sure it's hiding around here somewhere) and has not been together with the bottom of the container for several years.  There were some rusty screws in it that actually stained the container.  I will not forget the awesome time that I had and all the great friends that I made while I was an exchange student to Humboldt State University.  So, I let it go.

January 8: My first digital camera.  My aunt gave me her old digital camera back when I only dreamed of being able to afford one.  It was such a blessing to me and I loved taking pictures with it.  However, that was at least 7 years ago.  It was 5 mega pixels (pretty good at that time).  We now own a brand new camera with a whole lot more mega pixels that takes amazing photos.  I am donating my old camera as it still works.  Hopefully someone will be able to enjoy it.

January 9: An old green backpack.  The shoulder strap was half torn off, rendering it next to useless.  I hate to put things in the landfill, but I can't keep a backpack that doesn't function as a backpack.  Plus, I have several other backpacks that actually have usable straps.  (And have cute hello kitty on them!)

January 10:  My Computer Desk.  I looked long and hard for that computer desk to replace the one I brought with me from MN.  I wanted one with drawers and a compartment to hide the tower.  I was so happy to find it.  However, now that I do not have a functional desktop computer, I really don't need a desk.  I never use my laptop on the desk, preferring to sit on the love seat and use my laptop on my lap!  I have decided to give my beautiful desk to a good home and have posted it on my facebook.  Hopefully someone will want it and enjoy using it as much as I did.

January 11: My Desk Chair.  There is nothing wrong with this chair.  When we found this chair at the store on the floor I was so excited - but we had to drive to a different location to find one that we could purchase.  It is a very comfy chair and it was the replacement for the one that the kittens shredded.  I enjoyed sitting in it and playing MMOs with my husband.  However as I said above, I do not have a desktop computer.  If I don't need a desk anymore, I don't need a desk chair.  My friend Doug has said that he could use it for his Xbox chair.  I'm happy that it will be used by a gamer!

More to come! 


No comments: