Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 1-6

So, I'm a little behind on my New Year's resolution.  I'm going to try and catch up over the next couple days.  I am going back in time and start with January 1 for my letting go of one thing per day in 2013.

January 1:  Leopard Print Snuggie.  This was given to me as a gift because I was always cold at work. While I really appreciated the thought and enjoyed using it, I haven't actually used it in over 2 years.  As such, I am going to put it in the donate box. 

January 2: Chicken print cheese plate and knife.  Okay, so this was a little harder for me.  I love chickens and this cheese plate/knife is really cute.  This was given to me as a gift for the holidays a couple years ago and has never been out of the box.  I hope it goes to a home of someone else who will appreciate it. 


January 3: Box of random papers, etc.  I am very sentimental.  I want to keep every little note and card given to me.  The reason this one is going on here is because I barely looked at the papers and put the majority of them into our recycling box.  There were a couple things that I did keep, but at least 95% of that box is going to be recycled.

January 4: Masquerade style mask.  This was a mask that I modified so that I could wear it to a masquerade ball for Midwinter 2002.  Since then, it has not fared well through all the moves.  The stick detached and the feathers are looking bad.  I've been holding onto it thinking that I would fix the feathers and re-attach the stick.  But after all these years, it's obvious to me that I will not be doing so.  Plus, if I need a masquerade mask in the future, I can always buy a new one that doesn't look all bedraggled.

January 5: Box of VHS tapes.  It has been 4 1/2 years since a VCR was connected to a TV in our house.  These boxes have not even been opened since we moved into our house in September 2008.  Really, why keep them?  It's time for them to go.


January 6: VCR.  This VCR used to be Rusty's.  He had it in the dorm lounge in Pepperwood when it fell off of the shelf that it was balanced on and some interior part broke.  He was going to toss it, and I asked if I could have it.  I brought it back to ND/MN from CA and my uncle repaired it for me.  It still works to this day, but it hasn't been hooked up to a TV in 4 1/2 years.  Giving up my old VCR will not cause me to forget all the fun we had.

This is where I'm going to stop for tonight.  Tomorrow I will work on letting go of more things and log them in here.  We have a pick up scheduled with the Military Order of the Purple Heart for this Tuesday.  I scheduled for a pick up of 4-10 boxes/bags.   :)


No comments: