Saturday, September 15, 2007

Week 8, Thing 19: Discover any site from the Web 2.0 awards list

I decided that there hasn't been enough of habit #7 1/2 of those 7 1/2 habits of effective life long learning that we discovered back in week one. So, to make up for that, I chose to look at the site called arcaplay. This site reminded me of the yahoo games that I used to frequent when I needed to pass the time with a good game of mah jong solitaire. I played a couple of the penguin themed games and had a lot of fun. I've learned that the game "Ice Breakout" is basically penguin pong for people who are much more coordinated than I am. It looks like you can try the games for free, but perhaps you would need to register an account with them to play more than a round or two.

I had a lot of fun with this site. I was a bit disappointed that the game "Penguinoids" would not load properly. I was just imagining a penguin version of asteroids. Disappointedly, when searching for Chicken games, the results only included "Chicken" and "Zaphod and Aztec." The former is supposed to be frogger meets 'why did the chicken cross the road'. The latter seems to be an alien abduction game, according to the description. I might have to check these out later!

But, suffice it to say, I can happily report that I have completed Thing #19. This means 19 down and only 4 more to go!

No comments: