Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 5, Thing 10: Play around with an online image generator


Kitty Motivation
Originally uploaded by Chickens Amuck
Creating the avatar from yahoo is quite simple. It's too bad when I linked it to my blog, the animation no longer functioned.

I have to admit that the FD Toys generator was my favorite. I think I will be stalking Sharess around the house with the camera so that I can make some things with the lolcat generator. But until I get the right shots, I thought I would make a motivational poster from one of my already uploaded photos on flickr.

The first time I tried it, FD toys did not want to link up with my flickr account so that I could access the photos. I kept getting error messages. It seems I get a lot of error messages in trying to do these things, which is ultimately frustrating. However, I came back to it the next day and low and behold it worked! I didn't do anything different other than be on a different computer. Who knows. I think the computer gremlins just like to mess with me.

The Meez avatar generator looked interesting, but I was not allowed to proceed with it as I would have had to download a program onto the computer in order to get it to work. If my memory serves me correctly, there was a memo that once came out telling us that downloading software onto work computers was strictly verboten. So perhaps I'll try that one later at home.

No comments: