Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 6, Thing 14: Discover Technorati and learn how tags work with blogs

Are the results different with the keyword search "Learning 2.0" in the Blog posts, in tags, and in the blog directory? Well, they are different for the Blog posts and the blog directory. However, I couldn't find a tab for "tags." So, I can't fully answer your question. =)

When exploring top favorited blog, top searches and top blogs, I did find something interesting. Under top searches, I decided to click on iPhone as I didn't recognize some of the words used as 'top searches' and figured there would be a lot of interesting results with this one. I was quite surprised to see the first result was written in German. Unfortunately my German is a bit rusty and I could only understand about 50% of the entry. The second one was about Wal-Mart. Since I feel Wal-Mart is the spawn of Satan, I decided this result was not for me. The third option was for Free Sex Movies. While the description used a lot of colorful terms, I failed to find "iPhone" in that description. Sorry, but I didn't feel that pursuing further as to why this particular result linked would be appropriate. Bottom line, some people use tags inappropriately... thus getting bad results.

I think later I might tag my posts for technorati. It doesn't look too hard. However, as time is a very valuable commodity and I'm quite poor, this will have to wait until later! Oh.. and WTF... "Where's the Fire" is not what comes to mind....

14 Down.... 9 more to go!

No comments: