Saturday, July 21, 2007

Week 3, Thing 6: Flickr Mash-ups & Third Party Sites

I think that Mappr would intrigue me if I could get it to work. I've tried putting in tags and I do get results. However, when I want to look at the results, it sits as "Loading 0%" and never actually loads. So unless I just want to look at tiny thumbnails of photos, this really doesn't impress me. So much for that exploration!

The Flickr Color Pickr was interesting... if you are desperate to find a photo in green or purple. But usually, I'm looking for a photo of a chicken... or a cat... and am not concerned as much about the color.

I'm not sure what the function of Montagr is. It tells me there are a bunch of photos under the tag of "North Dakota" but it won't load images. Or it will only load one image... and I was under the impression there would be a photo mosaic... Perhaps I just don't know what I'm doing. Isn't learning fun when the blind lead themselves?

I think the bottom line is that any of these things might intrigue me, if I could get them to function.

No comments: