Friday, July 13, 2007

What does it mean "to chicken"

So, I feel like I might have to explain something here about why I named my blog the way I did... and what it means "to chicken." Well, once upon a time my mommy told me this little story. See, she had gone to the doctor and her doctor told her that she had ADD. She didn't agree with his assessment and so she thought she would go and get a... OH LOOK!!! A CHICKEN!

You know you do it. You have something in your hand. You are going to bring it to someone. And then someone else asks you a question. You set the thing in your hand down and walk away to help them. After you are done, you remember that you were going to go do something, but can't for the life of you remember what it was. So, you go off and do something else. Meanwhile, the person what was waiting for the item you used to have in your hand is wondering what the heck is taking you so long. And later they ask you about the item. AH HA! A CHICKEN!!!

So that's what "to chicken" means... Feel better now?

1 comment:

catbird said...

What a fantastic explanation! And I love the chicken picture later on in your blog. I chicken all the time! Even when I'm...oh, here's a customer...gotta go!